Friday, May 29, 2009

Benefit Dinner for Lil' Jon :) May 8, 2009


I was honored when Tim Littell and Emily Timko asked me to attend a Benefit Spaghetti Dinner for Lil' Jon. Tim Littell is the 7th grade Basketball coach at Labrae Middle School, and one of his players (Lil' Jon) was having growth problems. The doctors discovered a tumor around his pituitary gland that prevented Lil' Jon from growing. The doctors were able to remove the majority of the tumor, and he is doing great and recovering well. He has to be monitored every month for the next few years to be sure the remaining tumor does not grow. There was dinner and then a dance for all of the kids. There was a magician, facepainting, and even a DJ!!! I wasn't able to stay the whole time because I had to leave for Relay for Life, but I had the best time! Lil'Jon is truly an inspiration, and I admire his strength. It was an honor to meet such an amazing, courageous, and strong young boy who has been through so much and appreciates life. Stay strong Lil' Jon! You're awesome!

No comments: